Friday, June 24, 2011

Missy Elliott suffering from Graves' disease Symptoms

0 comments
Missy Elliott suffering from Graves' disease Symptoms: The reason for the six-year wait for afresh Missy Elliott album became clear yesterday, when the groundbreaking rapper and producer revealed she's suffering from Graves' disease, which affects the autoimmune system and thyroidal gland. Elliott told folks magazine the sickness had made even simple, each day tasks difficult. "I could not write because my nervous system was so bad I could not even use a pen," she said. Elliott, 39, was diagnosed with the condition 3 years ago. She realised she had a trouble while driving, when she lost control of her muscles. "I was trying to put my foot on the brake, but my leg was jumping," she said. "I could not keep the brake down and almost crashed. Elliott went on to suffer other symptoms, including hair loss and mood swings. But her condition improved later she underwent radiation therapy, and spent more time at the gym. "I am thirty pounds lighter because I have been exercising," she said. "My thyroid is functioning, so I have not had to take medication in about 9 months. [But] you live with it for the rest of your life. And new music is coming. This winter, she reunited with Timbaland, the producer with whom she made tracks such as Work It, Get Ur Freak On and The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly). In January, she guested on a Timbaland song called Take Ur Clothes Off, and she claims her long-promised 7th album now dubbed Block Party is really on its way. Elliott will discuss that upcoming record, and her struggle with Graves' disease, on a twenty-nine June episode of VH1's Behind the Music.
Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...